Importance of a Website
If you’re a small business owner and you do not have a website for your business, here is some advice: GET ONE!
Get a professionally designed website that:
- highlights your brand AND differentiates you from your competition
- answers your site visitors' questions
- allows your customers to contact you easily and quickly
- a website that loads seamlessly in any browser... Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.
- AND NOW IN 2022... a website that loads fast on mobile, tablet and desktop
With HyperWebs it is easy to walk with the giants!
Importance of a Website
Eight reasons why your business needs a website
Here are the statistics:
If you don't have a website, you're reputation and professionalism are in question... you are beat before you start:
You have just a few seconds to leave an impression about your business when people first come in contact with it. If searchers are looking at your business for the first time on your Facebook page, that is not bad. BUT, all Facebook pages look the same! You cannot stand out from all your competitors' Facebook pages.
On the other hand, if they are looking at a website that exudes professionalism, with a unique logo, an aesthetically pleasing and logical layout, their first impression of your business will be ultra positive. Already they have unconciouslly categorize your business as successfull, knowledgeable, industry leaders and trustworthy.
Whether you like it or not, you do not control your brand on Facebook. ALL FACEBOOK PAGES LOOK THE SAME!
A professional website allows you to take complete control of how your business is perceived online. How can your business be evaluated if it appears the same as every other business online?
If you think you don’t need a website because you’re on Facebook, consider this:
Social media in general and specifically Facebook is very important to any business, but Facebook users are diminishing:
In USA, there were 15 million less people using Facebook in 2018 versus 2017
In USA, people spent 50 million fewer hours on the platform in 2018 than they did in 2017
There is no doubt that the best way to market any business is a combination of a great website and a Facebook business page working in tandem.
A business website is the best way to stay in contact with your customers.
You can send special offers, price changes, new products etc. by text, email or Messenger, and provide them with a link back to your website where they can see images, video, explanations.
People really appreciate businesses that stay in contact with them over "sell and forget" companies.
We at HyperWebs can develop any type of website for any business or industry, but we cut our teeth on service businesses back in the early 2000's and that is where we have tremendous expertise.
Here is what we know from experience:
If people find your website through a search or a recommendation, there is a reason they click on your link. They want information!
- who are you
- where are you
- what services do you provide
- how do I contact you
With a HyperWebs blazing fast website, you can provide this information easily with a unique Services page, contact forms, one click buttons for phone calls or text messages, map to show your location... the sky is the limit and believe me potential customers will appreciate these features.
I do not have any statistics on this but I am willing to bet that the most successfull companies in every niche have a professional website. So if your business does not, you could be the greatest anomaly on the planet!
But ask yourself this: Why take the chance?
With HyperWebs, it is easy and very inexpensive to create a fanatastic online presence... with a blazing fast website that is totally configured for searchers to find it, a professional Facebook page that matches the look and feel of your website, and videos that tell your story and attract potential customers that are looking for your goods or services.
Think of the Yellow Pages
In the 1800s the telephone changed business profoundly and forever. Within a very few years the telephone became standard in almost every North American household and the telephone directory became THE PLACE to find products and services. The Yellow Pages combined with newspaper advertising was mandatory for local businesses for almost 100 years.
Then this happened:
- January 1, 1983 ARPANET adopted TCP/IP on January 1, 1983, and from there researchers began to assemble the “network of networks” that became the modern Internet.
- 1989 English scientist Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web in 1989. He wrote the first web browser in 1990 while employed at CERN near Geneva, Switzerland.
- In 1996, Robin Li developed RankDex, the first Web search engine with a site-scoring algorithm for results page rankin
- 2002, A new model for information exchange, primarily featuring user-generated and user-edited websites, dubbed Web 2.0, was launched.
By 2022, the number of consumers that go online to find a local business has jumped to 97 percent. If you want them to choose your company, you need to be found online... meaning you need a website.
At HyperWebs, making small and medium businesses succeed is all we do...
and we are very good at it!
HyperWebs is actually our third generation digital marketing platform. We started in 1998 using the latest technologies at that time, and we have evolved over the last 20 years to HyperWebs, which we launched in July 2019. It encompasses the best software on the planet to provide our customers with unparalleled products in these core areas:
1. Website design and management more information
2. Search engine optimization. more information
3. Social media design and posting. more information
4. Video advertising, design and management. more information
5. Logo design. more information
6. Graphics and printing for merchandise.
7. Graphic design.
8. Business cards